Friday, October 24, 2008

Trash talk

Our town does not have trash pick-up, so everybody has to pay private haulers to carry their trash away. The company we use drives around to the back of our house twice a week and empties our big trash containers by hand into their modified pick-up trucks. It is so awesome that I never have to do that pajama-clad sprint to the end of the driveway because we forgot to take the trash can to the curb on garbage day.
It's so convenient that I almost forget it happens, but sometimes I catch a glimpse of our refuse man as he backs up to the trash cans. Lately, when he gets out of the truck to get our garbage, he's talking on a cell phone, and it just really makes me want to know who he's talking to at 7 in the morning while he's getting everybody's trash. I mean, I know the garbage man has a life, but he is on the phone while he goes next door to my neighbor's yard, too. Yes, I've dashed across the house to peep out the window and check.
So, anybody got any ideas who he's conversing with so intently?

1 comment:

AH said...

He's talking to me. I want to know what's in your trash!

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.