Friday, October 10, 2008

The retail experience ain't what it used to be



I only shop when I NEED something. Recently I've asked to try on shoes at major department stores only to have them tell me my feet aren't petite enough. No, just kidding. On two separate occasions, when the sales clerks brought out the shoes, they were obviously worn. I'm talking creases on the upper and visible debris stuck in the soles! Too tacky. Don't they check this stuff? At Kroger I bought a Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken entree that had one chicken bite in it instead of the usual five. The worst, though, is when I bought a coffeemaker at Best Buy, brought it home and found dried coffee in the bottom of the carafe. When I told the girl in charge of returns, she expressed immediate concern and dismay and was like, "OK."




I'd bet $50 it got restocked later that day.




I will always compliment good service, often in writing. And if something's not up to par, even snack foods without the requisite amount of cream filling, I will let the appropriate people know about it.




No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.