Friday, August 29, 2008

My French pedicure's crooked

Heather Armstrong of Dooce.com recently wrote about “first-world conversations,” as in something you would never hear someone say in a third-world country. Her examples:
“This I-phone is too heavy.”
“Someone was using my favorite treadmill this morning, so I was forced to use the stationary bike.”
“This refrigerator isn’t big enough. Let’s buy a bigger one and put this one in the garage.”
You know, the kinds of complaints you hear around here ALL THE TIME.
I’m always walking up on people ragging on the cleaning lady or telling horror stories about contractors. ANY contractors. If you’re getting any elective work done to your house or pool, consider yourself fortunate.
Oh, I can’t finish this right now. This Hostess Ding Dong doesn’t have enough cream filling, and it’s really getting on my nerves.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.