Saturday, August 16, 2008

Daily Elvis Reference


Today is the 31st anniversary of the day Elvis died at Graceland. I lived in Memphis until 1991, and he died when I was in fourth grade. I got off the school bus, turned on the TV (instead of starting homework like I was supposed to) and was surprised to see news coverage on. TV news stations didn't interrupt programming with so-called breaking news back then unless it truly was newsworthy.


This weekend's Elvis reference comes thanks to CMT, on which showed Jailhouse Rock today. So cool. In that jail dance scene you can see moves that look a lot like stuff Michael Jackson did 30 years later. To me, those backup dancer/inmates all look about 45 years old. To look at Elvis, he had no choice but to be famous somehow.


1 comment:

srburgin said...

Ok, I know getting a "comment" by a relative is not really the goal, but it's Sunday morning here on Victory Trail and suddenly, everything seems right. Thanks

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.