Sunday, September 14, 2008

Birthday Fun

We celebrated my baby's 5th birthday this weekend with a Candyland cake that I copied from a picture in Taste of Home magazine. We all had so much fun decorating it that I wanted to post a photo of the results.

The perfectionist in me would have made the surface more green like the game board, with green frosting, but the boys all said it's perfect, and each had his own favorite section. I love the Lollipop Forest, made with Dum-Dums, and the twins like Lord Licorice's Lair because they love Twizzlers. It was fun and easy to do, as long as you have a big-enough sheet cake pan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Look at that cake!!! That's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I just reread my post and realized that my comment at the end about the sheet pan made me sound like Aunt Fern in Steel Magnolias, the one who made the bleedin' armadillo groom's cake: "I can make anything, except snakes. I don't have the counterspace."

AH said...

Impressive cake, Jill. I'm getting a toothache just looking at it.

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.