Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why hasn't this house sold?


For fun, I'm going to start an occasional feature in which I ask, "Why hasn't this house sold?"
It gives me a chance to share one of my weird hobbies, obsessing over local real estate.
When the opportunity presents itself, I'll post a little blurb about a house that I, as a more than casual observer but not a professional, think is a diamond in the rough and shouldn't still be on the market.
Of course, I'm not privy to most of the details about these listings, so there may be a real problem such as liens or a stubborn owner. Other than that, I'm just going on the facts presented by the agent.
Case in point: 304 Deerwood Lane in Brentwood.
For a mere $595,000, the buyer would get more than 5,000 square feet and 3 acres on a peaceful, prestigious road hidden away on the west side of Brentwood. Other homes in this area are listed for twice as much.
I will admit that the exterior is not traditional, there is an indoor pool instead of a bonus room, which is weird, and the lot is sloping. Also, the interior fixtures look like something the pope's little brother might have chosen. OTHER THAN THAT, why hasn't this house sold?


1 comment:

Ginger said...

oooh, I love this feature! Great idea! 3 acres at that price? Wow! I will have to follow this one.

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.