Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin go blah!


I do not love St. Patrick's Day because it has always started off badly in my house.
Green is not a standard color in my family's wardrobe. That means my kids can't easily participate in the holiday's main activity (besides drinking beer), which is wearing green.
Therefore, you can always guarantee that I will begin every March 17 with a stressful dash around the house looking for any shirt in the green family.
Except for the years when I went to Snowden Jr. High School, where our mascot was the Greenies, I have always had to wear something with a green stripe or green letters or green checks.
I spend the day fending off pinchers by saying, "Nope, wait, see this? This little thread right here is green!"
My kids are doing it, too. My youngest, who was the most into the wearing of the green, had to choose between his older brother's too-big gym shirt from Brentwood Middle School or a too-small green T-shirt of his that I'd dug out of a Goodwill bag.
If I were smart, I'd go spend a little green on something green for next year.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.