Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I survived the white-out of January 7

This is how we spent the last winter "storm" that was forecast for my area a couple of weeks ago. Owen is seen here ready to get his massive tonsils removed.
Local meteorologists had been watching that storm make its way here for several days. Tim said it was a lot like when he was growing up here and someone would say, "It's snowing in Memphis," which meant for sure it would snow here.
I had so much warning that I was able to go to Kroger TWICE, for good measure, just in case we were snowed in with two hungry 13-year-olds and a recovering tonsillectomy patient.
The storm was supposed to hit during Owen's procedure, in fact. We did watch it start coming down from the surgery center window. Keeping tabs on the weather kept us busy in the waiting room. I kept waiting, though, for the flakes to get bigger and for the parking lot to turn white.
It never happened.
The great Snowstorm of January 7 was a no-show. All we could claim was a "dusting."
So today I see predictions of a winter storm warning at the end of this week. My preliminary check of weather dot com tells me Thursday will see a high of 44 with a "wintry mix." I don't plan to run to Kroger just yet. Unless it gets MUCH worse in Memphis.
I think this time I'll risk it.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.