Thursday, January 14, 2010

I love Carrie Fisher


If it weren't for
Star Wars, most people probably wouldn't think of Carrie Fisher very often. She did play that awesome wicked ex with a flame thrower in The Blues Brothers, but even that's not enough of a legacy to rest upon.
The thing is, Carrie Fisher is an insanely hilarious writer. And even when she's not trying, she says stuff like this:

"I'm not as cooperative as you might want a woman to be."

Which is pretty much the story of my existence.

It's just that I have watched A LOT of Star Wars in the past two years, since my youngest discovered it, and because of that I keep thinking about Carrie Fisher. When the first movie came out, in 1977, she was a pretty actress, but not a babe by today's standards. And thank goodness. She gives Princess Leia substance, and the more of her stuff I read, the more I understand how.

She also happened to utter my new personal mission statement:

"If my life were not funny, it would simply be true, and that is unacceptable."

Words to live by.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.