Friday, August 13, 2010

What, you thought I'd start with something important?


I was sitting there listening to the blues, to Pinetop Perkins specifically, when I wondered what my blues name would be.
Henry and I were talking on Monday about some of the rappers who have cool, organic nicknames that really fit, like Eminem for Marshall Mathers or Ludacris for Chris Bridges. I thought it was hilarious how Chad Ochocinco calls his football friend Bernard Berrian "B-Twice."
Then I thought it would be cool if there was a blues name generator so I Googled it and, of course, there is.
The site I tried had a formula where you name a physical infirmity, a fruit and the last name of a former president to get your blues name. The first name it supplied me randomly after I clicked the button (which probably bought me some spy ware) was Lame Melon Fillmore.
I don't think so.
Click again.
Sleepy Raisin Cleveland. Really? Really?!
Try again.
Crazy Raisin Johnson.

!!!!!! WTF????!!!!!

I don't even like raisins! Seriously, this is starting to not be fun. The next one is it.
CLICK

Cryin' Tater Lincoln.

I'm keeping it, even though a tater isn't a fruit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JIll, Glad to see you back on the blogspot!! Love your blues name:-)) Hope to see you soon, Shelley

 
Creative Commons License
Seafood Chicken by Jill Burgin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.